Bequests are not just for the wealthy. Anyone can make an extraordinary gift that can help provide for the financial future of Kendal~Crosslands Communities. Planned gifts are often thought of leaving a legacy that benefits not only you and your family, but also the future of our communities.
Include Kendal~Crosslands Communities in your will or a codicil to your will. Flexible and revocable, a bequest allows you to make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime.
- Give a percentage of the residue of your estate—the amount left after taxes and expenses are satisfied and specific bequests have been paid. E.g., “I give 25% of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to Kendal~Crosslands Communities.”
- Give a specific dollar amount or an item of property—e.g. “I give Kendal~Crosslands Communities $25,000” or “I give Kendal~Crosslands Communities 100 shares of IBM stock.”
- Make your bequest contingent—e.g. “I give Kendal~Crosslands Communities $25,000 if my children predecease me.”
Name Kendal~Crosslands Communities as the beneficiary of your retirement account. This is as simple as contacting your financial institution for a change of beneficiary form for your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401(k), or 403(b).
Name Kendal~Crosslands Communities as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. For many people, life insurance affords a practical means of making a significant gift through a new or paid-up life insurance policy. If you make Kendal~Crosslands Communities the owner of the policy as well as beneficiary, you may receive current income tax benefits.
Charitable Gift Annuities
Invest in a charitable gift annuity to benefit Kendal~Crosslands Communities and generate more tax-free income for you. A charitable gift annuity is a contractual agreement between you and Kendal~Crosslands Communities. In exchange for your gift of cash or securities, Kendal~Crosslands Communities provides you and/or another designated person with guaranteed, lifelong annuity payments.
A gift annuity gives you a fixed annual income payment for life at a very attractive rate of return. For example, recent rates have offered a 70 year-old a 5.7% fixed annual income. This rate, which rises with age, is based on your age at the time you make the gift. A gift annuity is a simple and powerful tool for charitable giving, particularly in a low-interest rate environment.
Some key advantages include:
- Guaranteed life income for the annuitant, much of it tax free
- Immediate tax savings through a charitable deduction
- The gift is not included in your gross estate for estate tax purposes
A gift annuity is easy to open. All you have to do is decide on the gift amount and work out a few details with Kendal~Crosslands Communities, sign an agreement, and make your gift with a check or stock transfer. Payments to you will be made quarterly or annually, according to your wishes. Kendal~Crosslands Communities’ fund of your choice will receive the remainder after your death.